Trust is one of the most important aspects of e-commerce conversions. According to a Salesforce Report, 95% of customers are more likely to be loyal to brands they trust, and 92% are more likely to purchase additional products from trusted companies. If your website is not deemed trustworthy by your customers, then it leads to low conversion rates, high bounce rates and a high rate of shopping cart abandonment.
Below are my tips for making your website more trustworthy and credible:
1. Add trust seals and certificates.
According to a report by Statista (membership required), about 50% of online buyers consider a website more reliable if a security badge or seal is displayed. Mentioning the security payment gateways in the footer of the site assures the customers about data safety.
Add different types of security badges, such as SSL certificates. These are a standard security framework that generates an encrypted link with your consumers so that their credit card information can be transferred securely. Your site starts from “HTTPS” along with a padlock in the URL box. I also suggest earning third-party endorsement badges, which show that your website is legitimate and trustworthy. A few other badges to consider are:
• Payment processor logos.
• Money-back guarantee seals and badges.
• Security system badges.
2. Display social proof.
Social proof is immensely important for home pages, as it sets expectations, provides a comparison measure, reinforces your messaging and verifies your claims. Examples of social proof are:
• Testimonials: Display testimonials on your website to give visitors an “outside view” about the brand and its products.
• Reviews, ratings and customer feedback: Showcase reviews, ratings and customer feedback to reinforce the quality of your products, as well as the image of your brand.
• User-generated content: Emphasize the community with user-generated content like user ratings, images, feedbacks, etc.
• Social media: Presenting real stats related to your social following or the number of customers you have will help establish trust. Display the number of followers you have on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook or the number of likes you get on these platforms.
• News coverage of the company: If your product or company has been endorsed or featured, display it on the home page.
3. Build trust in the products separately.
A fear many consumers have while shopping online is that the actual product will not match the one displayed online. To break this fear and present the product clearly, use the following tips:
• Use high-quality images. In my experience, consumers usually trust websites that look professional, so consider investing in high-quality images.
• Add videos. Showcasing videos related to the product helps build credibility and trust. These videos can include content such as usage instructions, occasions, etc.
• Include all the information. Inform your customers about every possible detail related to the products (e.g., product weight, size measurements, color variants, etc.). Include ratings, written reviews, warranty and guarantee on the product page. This will prevent customers from leaving your website to search for information related to the products.
• Include a 360-degree view. Display images and videos of the products from different angles so that viewers can examine the product thoroughly.
4. Provide detailed and transparent policies.
Be transparent with your customers with regards to shipping details, delivery information, and return and refund policies. All your company policies need to be visible and easily accessible so that interested users can find them quickly. To start:
• Formulate a detailed checkout list: Display the details of the order, such as product purchased, quantity, cost, etc.
• Share relevant shipping information: Provide details including the exact time of the order, estimated arrival date and where it will ship from.
• Provide options: Offer various delivery alternatives and payment options to choose from.
• Be upfront about additional costs: If you surprise the consumers with hidden shipping or delivery charges, they might abandon their shopping cart and leave your website. Therefore, be upfront about all the necessary details related to shipping and delivery.
5. Build emotional appeal across all touchpoints.
I’ve found that building an emotional connection with visitors to your website can help build a trustworthy and relevant appearence as well. Incorporate these connections across all sections of your website. A few examples include:
• Your product page: Talk about the practices or processes you followed when developing each product. A lot of thought goes behind each product, so convey your objective and inspiration behind it. This can help you strike a chord with your audience.
• Your “about us” page: Give visitors a peek into what’s important to you and who you are. Include face-shots of your employees in this section to humanize your interaction with your customers. You can also generate content through blog posts.
6. Provide details about customer service
According to a report by Microsoft, 96% of the customers say that customer service is a crucial aspect in their choice of loyalty to a company. Clearly display your customer service number and operating hours on the website. Generally, 24/7 availability of customer service is preferred. However, that can difficult to manage, so stay true to whatever timing you have mentioned. You can also employ a live chat option on the website.
7. Add contact information.
I consider physical addresses and contact details to be the biggest proof of your existence. You can formulate a “Reach Us” page on your website, wherein you display your contact details, email address and office address. Many e-commerce companies shy away from showing their physical address on the “About Us” or “Contact Us” pages. However, I’ve found that seeing a physical address gives a lot of comfort to the users.
All in all, building consumer trust through e-commerce websites can seem daunting. However, brands must rigorously focus on it to be successful. Look at the finer aspects of fostering a lasting relationship with your customers and then formulate an overall strategy.
Article Provided By Forbes
If you would like to discuss Your Logo with Mojoe.net or your website’s analytics, custom logo designs, social media, website, web application, need custom programming, or IT consultant, please do not hesitate to call us at 864-859-9848 or you can email us at email@example.com.